ISOMIX ACRYLIC is a cement-based white acrylic adhesive for bonding wall and floor ceramic tiles. It contains high strength Portland cement, carefully selected inert fillers, special additives and resins, which offer excellent adhesion even to difficult surfaces. It shows excellent workability, moisture resistance, increased open time and is qualified as non-slip. It is suitable for interior and exterior use. It is classified as a type C1T adhesive according to EN 12004.
- Excellent adhesive strength
- Excellent workability
- Moisture resistance
- Excellent quality of raw materials
- Exterior and interior use
- Easy, clean and fast application
- Bonding of any kind of tiles on walls or floors on various substrates, such as concrete, plaster, blockwork and most common building surfaces.
- Bonding of light marble and granite tiles.
- Substrates must be leveled, clean, free of oily residues, loose materials, dust etc.
- Dampening of the substrate before application is recommended during summer period or for very absorptive surfaces, avoiding the creation of water puddles.
- Add 6,5 – 7,5 kg of water in a clean bucket and add gradually under constant stirring 25kg of ISOMIX ACRYLIC.
- Using a low gear electrical mixer stir well until a uniform viscous mixture is formed.
- Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes and stir again.
- The working time of the mixture is 3 - 4 hours. Periodical stirring is advised avoiding the addition of more water. Pot life may vary depending on ambient temperature and humidity.
- The mixture should be applied uniformly on the surface using a notched trowel - spatula according to the size of the tiles and floor or wall application.
- The tiles should be fixed by pressing them in the desired position within 10 - 20 minutes in order to avoid skin formation. Less time is required for dry and adsorptive surfaces or under high temperatures.
- All surplus adhesive must be removed whilst the adhesive is still wet using a dampened cloth or sponge, particularly along the grout lines.
- Surfaces are ready for grouting within 24 hours for floor applications and 12 hours for wall applications, using ISOMIX GROUT.
- Do not add excess amount of water, as this will decrease adhesive’s strength and waterproofing properties.
- Periodical stirring is advised while avoiding the addition of more water.