DECK OIL RENOVATOR is the ultimate way to enhance, revitalize and protect garden and marine teak decks as well as exterior wooden constructions. Based on the traditional Scandinavian formula of linseed, tung and fish oils enriched with a tint provides longer lasting protection than traditional Teak Oil. It penetrates deep into the wood to replace natural oils, resins and colour lost through weathering. Brings out the natural colour of the wood and enhances the grain pattern. DECK OIL RENOVATOR is a water repellent formulation and contains UV absorbing pigments so decks are protected in all types of weather.
- The ultimate protection for hardwood
- Suitable for synthetic decks WPC
- Excellent penetration
- Replaces natural oils
- Water repellent
- Resists cracking or peeling
- Prevents graying and staining of wood
- All weather protection
- Revitalizes weathered wood
- Ensures the longevity of teak and other hardwoods
- Easy application
- DECK OIL is suitable for use on finest quality marine teak decks and wooden parts such as hand and toe rails, cockpit gratings etc.
- Suitable for use on all types of timber decking including boards and tiles.
- It is particularly suitable for hardwood decking (such as teak, iroko and meranti), as well as synthetic decks (WPC).
- It is ideal for reviving the colour of weathered decks.
- It is the ultimate protection of decks in front of the seaside and around swimming pools.
- Regular application will help prevent the wood from greying algae and mould growth and maintain the original colour and appearance.
- Suitable for other types of marine wood decks such as yellow pine, white pine, fir, spruce, and cedar.
- It is also suitable for all outdoor wooden constructions such as flowerbeds, timber frames, fencing, garden sheds etc.
- Timber specifically sold for decking is normally pre-treated with wood preserver to prevent decay. If using unpreserved timber, treat with XYLOFARM and allow drying for 3 - 5 days before applying DECK OIL RENOVATOR.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from surface coatings, algae and mould. For best results, brush to remove dust and debris, then clean surfaces with TEAK CLEANER to bring back the natural colour of the wood. Rinse well and allow drying.
- Sand wood if needed to a smooth finish and remove dust.
- If the teak was previously sealed with a film forming finish such as varnish or enamel paint, the finish must be completely removed with paint stripper STRIPP N’ CLEAN.
- Shake can well before and frequently during use.
- Apply DECK OIL RENOVATOR evenly by brush, roller or spray for large areas avoiding splashing the surrounding area.
- Apply a second coat depending on the desirable degree of protection. Wait at least 8 hours before recoating.
- Do not allow the formation of puddles.
- Close containers tightly after use and store in cool storage conditions.
Drying time: touch dry 2-4 hours depending on weather conditions. Allow at least 24 hours before heavy use. Avoid walking on decks until fully dry.
- It is not advisable to apply DECK OIL RENOVATOR over varnished surfaces.
- A suitability test is strongly recommended.
- Do not apply DECK OIL RENOVATOR over wet or damp surfaces.
- Do not thin or add colorant to this product.
- Do not use chlorine or other heavy cleaners on wood.
WARNING: Treatment of old surfaces such as dry sanding, flame cutting and/or welding of the dry paint film will give rise to dust and/or hazardous fumes. Lead dust may be released. Lead is toxic. Exposure to lead dust can cause serious illness. Wet sanding/flatting should be used wherever possible. If exposure cannot be avoided by the provision of local exhaust ventilation, suitable respiratory protective equipment should be used.