WOOD VARNISH AQUA is a transparent acrylic waterbased wood varnish for interior and exterior use. It is suitable for all wooden surfaces. It is odourless, easily applied and cures to a beautiful gloss or satin finish that enhances wood’s natural beauty. It is highly elastic, does not peel or crack and contains UV filters for effective protection from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. The final finish is water repellent and highly resistant to ageing.
- Contains UV filters
- Excellent penetration
- Highly elastic, does not peel, crack or blister
- Resistance to ageing
- Very easy application
- Interior and exterior use
- Protection of all wooden surfaces such as doors, windows, frames, claddings, furniture, cupboards etc.
- Maintenance of existing wooden surfaces, constructions and furniture.
New wooden surfaces: The substrate should be dry and free of dust, chalk, grease and all foreign material, which would affect adhesion. Grease and resins should be removed with nitro solvent. Repair imperfections with TEMPO wood putty. Light sanding if necessary to smooth surface. All wood knots should be treated with shellac.
Previously treated wooden surfaces: It is important to remove old varnishes with paint and varnish remover STRIPP N’ CLEAN. Repair dents and imperfections with TEMPO wood putty. Follow with sanding washing and rinsing. Dust and chalk must be removed by scrubbing with warm soapy water and rinsed with fresh water.
- After surface preparation apply one or two coats of XYLOFARM AQUA (contains fungicides) and allow drying thoroughly.
- Smooth surfaces with sandpaper No 150-180 and then with No 250-300.
- Apply one or two coats of WOOD VARNISH AQUA and allow to dry thoroughly. For areas with high humidity as well as for softwoods it is advisable to apply at least two coats.
- Although surfaces may be used the day following application the secret to obtaining a durable finish is to allow the coating to cure for 10 days before exposing it to heavy use.
- You must avoid to apply the varnish in heavily – thick coats, since it will wear rapidly.
Wash occasionally with a mild detergent and water, and rinse thoroughly. Recoat when deterioration is observed.
Important: Wood must be dry (12-14% internal moisture)
WARNING: Treatment of old surfaces such as dry sanding, flame cutting and/or welding of the dry paint film will give rise to dust and/or hazardous fumes. Lead dust may be released. Lead is toxic. Exposure to lead dust can cause serious illness. Wet sanding/flatting should be used wherever possible. If exposure cannot be avoided by the provision of local exhaust ventilation, suitable respiratory protective equipment should be used.